Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Notebook? Come On Now. Get Serious.

I'm sitting here watching The Notebook and it is a sad movie, but not nearly as sad as some. Don't get me wrong, it's a cute movie with some sad stuff ,but, have you ever seen The Fox and the Hound? Talk about deep, and emotional. Someone dies in the first five minutes. Now it's true that that someone is a fox, but it's a female fox with an adorable cub that it has leave behind. And I'm not even kidding here, but I cried the first time I saw Fox and the Hound and it wasn't just because I was three and there was poop in my pants, that song, when she leaves Todd in the forest just hits you like, I don't even know how to explain it. It's like an EFY testimony meeting, where even the coolest of the kids break down and spill out there souls to you and everyone is crying except you and you feel like the anti-Christ. It's like that except heart-wrenching and truly emotional.
I don't know what I'm trying to say other than if you want a sad movie to watch and you're debating watching a romantic comedy, don't , cause the only good ones are Sleepless in Seattle and You've Got Mail and that's just because Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan are fantastic together, but don't even get me started. Because that's a whole nother topic.
So, in review:
The Notebook, Titanic, P.S. I Love You=NO
Fox and the Hound, Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail=YES. Consecutively.

No comments: